Slide and Photo Scanning Services
Do you have a lot of 35mm slides or photographs from vacations and family gatherings past? Have you lost track of your projector? Now you can have all your slides or photographs scanned to a data DVD, Blu-ray disc, hard drive or UBS stick and you can enjoy them again on your computer! No need to hunt down the projector or put up a screen the next time you want to take a trip down memory lane. Please note that in order to view the images from a Blu-ray disc on your computer you will need to have a Blu-ray drive.
We use a high-end scanner specifically designed for scanning 35mm slides. Our scanner uses a proprietary LED light source that protects your slides from high temperature while providing a true color light source. All slides are transferred digitally. They are not projected onto a screen. All color and brightness correction is done with the slide scanner software and is very effective. We also use a high end scanner designed for scanning photographs. This is not a slide or photo restoration process.
You can make a choice of having us do color and brightness correction on your slide or photo. It is recommended that you have this process done. This will only be done if it looks like it will improve the slide or photo. You will receive both the original and corrected on the media of your choice. You will only be charged for 2 images: the color-corrected image and the original scan image. Samples of before and after images can be found on our slide sample page. Note that this page may take several minutes to download if you are on a dial-up connection.
In addition to the media listed above containing your images you have the option of having a photo montage put to music for an additional $25 per DVD or Blu-ray disc. You can use this DVD or Blu-ray disc to display your slides on a standard DVD player or Blu-ray player.
We can scan your slides into a variety of popular graphics formats, such as jpeg and tiff. You can pick the format that best suits your requirements.
Slides and Pictures
Our rates are:
- Transfer to TIFF format (per slide or picture): $0.35
- Transfer to JPEG format (per slide or picture): $0.30
- Photo montage DVD or Blu-ray Disc with music: $25
- Color and brightness correction (per slide no correction on pictures): $0.35
- Additional DVDs or BluRays (data or video): $10
- USB memory stick or hard drive supplied by us at an additional charge based on current prices.
- All slides and pictures are transferred to a Data DVD or Data Blu-ray disc unless otherwise specified.
- If a photo montage DVD or blu-ray is ordered you will also receive a Data DVD or Blu-ray disc free